International Veterinary Program – Costa Rica
Get credits from Iowa State University through your participation on this program!
Click here to read: Check out! My Vet trip by Natalie Santelli
This is a unique program focusing on acquiring Spanish skills used in the areas of the dairy and beef cattle industries. This is accomplished by a week of specialized Spanish classes, emphasizing terminology used in these industries, followed by a week of work-studies in different dairy and beef cattle industry businesses in the local area.
This program is combined with cultural immersion through a home-stay program to better understand the culture and mentality and to strengthen labor relations with people of Latin origin.
Contents of the course
A – At the Institute: Focus on learning Spanish with technical vocabulary specialized in the areas of dairy and beef cattle industries.
B – Field trips/work-studies: Visit at small and large farms to practice, work and learning about tropical production systems.
The duration of this program is 15 days. You can extend your stay for more Spanish classes and/or volunteer work.
We offer this program at specific dates several times during the year.
We can also create a custom program for you to accomodate your schedule. We require a minimum of 10 students to conduct this program.
- First and last night hotel accomodations.
- Round-trip transfer to/from hotel to Proyecto Asis.
- 1 week of Spanish classes (5 days/ 20 hours) and text material.
- 1 week (5 days) of field trips to different work-study locations.
- Homestay (including private bedroom, shared bath, meals, laundry).
- Weekend trip to the Arenal Volcano.